Verbal Communication Nursery 1 (Age 3) – Number Work
NURSERY 1 – AGE 3
THEME – NUMBER WORK
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – VERBAL COMMUNICATION
1. Introductory Activities
2. Verbal Communication
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives – response to teacher’s verbal communication.
The pupils can clapping, dance, walk, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Starts the lesson with a song and expression.
What are am I doing?
Let the children imitate you, say it and repeat after you.
- I am clapping.
- I am walking.
- I am dancing.
- I am jumping.
- I am running.
- I am shaking, etc.
LESSON 2 – SONG AND EXPRESSION
This lesson is for a week, repeat these activities in other periods of the lesson with other songs like baby shark, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. communicates with children verbally general medium of expression.
Pupil’s Activities – Response to teacher’s verbal communication.
3. Play a video (baby shark).
4. Lets the children watch and sing.
5. Leads the children to sing and imitate the content in the video.
Pupil’s Activities – Sing and imitate the content in the video.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to response to your verbal communication.