RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Places to Respect (Place of Interest) Primary 1
TOPIC – THINGS TO RESPECT
1. Introductory Activities
2. Things to Respect
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention things to respect.
Church, Bible, Mosque and Quran, Tools, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing things to respect for the pupils to identify each. Listen to them and note their points on the board.
There are a lot of things in the world that means different things to different people. These things are of value and respect.
Things used for worship in the church, mosque and shrine are of important as well are respected by their users.
This is applicable to other organizations. For example, engineering. Your tools and equipments are your friends. You must respect each one of them especially are you handle and used before or after work.
THINGS TO RESPECT
OUR NATIONAL IDENTITY
1. National flag
2. National anthem – asks pupils to stand in the direction of the national flag still as they sing national anthem.
3. National pledge – asks them salute as they say the national pledge.
4. National constitution – the law of the land
5. National currency – money
6. National colour – Green White Green
OUR PERSONAL IDENTITY
1. Our tools – biro, books, math sets, textbook, screwdriver, pliers, sewing machines, hoes and cutlass, baskets, etc.
2. Religion materials – Bible, Quran, Rosary, Tasbih, bells, offering box or container, olive oil, etc.
OUR HOME APPLIANCES
3. Pressing iron
5. Fan, etc.
1. School uniforms
2. Membership uniforms
3. Religion uniforms
4. Professional uniforms – doctors, nurses, lawyers, engineers, etc.
5. Individual uniforms
Teacher’s Activities – Guides the pupils to identify these things and note each point on the board.
Teacher’s remark – The facts that you belong to one or two, is not a reason to disrespect the other. For example, the religion, professional, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to identify different things to respect.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different things to respect.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. mention 5 things in our nation to respect.
2. mention 5 religion things to respect.
3. mention 5 personal things to respect.
4. mention 5 professional uniforms to respect.
5. mention 5 home appliances to respect.