PREVIOUS LESSON – Distribution of Crops (with examples) Primary 6
TOPIC: DISTRIBUTION OF CROPS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to discuss distribution of animals in Nigeria.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of map of vegetation Zones in Nigeria.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DISTRIBUTION OF ANIMALS
Different animals are rear in different parts of the country. Some of the animals, places and vegetation zone where they are found are:
Savannah and Semi Arid
1. Examples of Crops – cattle
2. Common Areas – Sokoto, Kebbi, Kano, Borno, Taraba, Kaduna and Adamawa State.
1. Examples of Crops – sheep, goat and cattle
2. Common Areas – Kwara, Oyo, Osun, Enugu and Anambra State.
1. Examples of Crops – pig
2. Common Areas – All the southern states.
1. Examples of Crops – fish
2. Common Areas – All states with many water.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss with pupils, the distribution of animals in Nigeria.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to discuss the distribution of animals.