Ways of Cleaning the Surrounding of the Home | Weekly Assessment Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Decorations to Beautify the Home | Weekly Assessment (Test) Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
TOPIC – THE HOME AND ITS SURROUNDINGS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Cleaning Demonstration
3. Ways of Cleaning the Surrounding of the Home
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to clean surroundings of the home.
The pupils can identify ways of cleaning their home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of things within and around us.
Things to bring for display:
1. waste paper basket, broom.
1. the dust pan or bin
2. clean duster or a piece of clean cloth.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display some of cleaning tools for the pupils to identify and state the uses of each.
Pupil’s Activities – Broom is used for sweeping, piece of cloth is used for dusting, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Correct, there are different ways of cleaning our home.
Discuss and write the board ways of cleaning our home.
WAYS OF CLEANING THE SURROUNDING OF THE HOME/SCHOOL
6. Cutting the grass or trees
7. Arranging things in order
Lead the pupils to demonstrate and clean the school’s surroundings using some of the ways.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to state item used for sweeping, mobbing, raking, dusting, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – State item used for sweeping, mobbing, raking, dusting, etc.
3. Demonstrates how to sweep and mob the floor.
Pupil’s Activities – Sweep and mob their classroom and surroundings.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. identify materials used for cleaning.
2. state 5 ways of cleaning the surrounding of the home.
3. demonstrate how to sweep and mob.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ___________ is unwanted or used item in our surroundings.
2. Broom is used for ___________.
3. ___________ is used for mobbing.
A. Sweeping stick
B. Mobbing stick
C. Dusting sticking
4. ___________ is necessary after sweeping the tiles.
5. ___________ is used for removing cobwebs.
6. ___________ is used for trimming the flower.
C. Flowering scissor
7. ___________ is used to clear dropped leaves.
8. ___________ is used for removing dust.
A. Clean cloth
B. Clean sweep
C. Clean brush
9. Broom for sweeping, cloth for ___________.