Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Caring for computer Users or Human Ware (Primary 6)
TOPIC: REASONS FOR CARES OF COMPUTER USERS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
state reason why we should take care of human ware.
Cleaning of Computer Lab or Room
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
chair, table and computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Computer Studies for Primary Schools by Datalink page 4/Tanus page 74 Book 6
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Human ware refers to the human beings that use the system.
In other words, the users of the computer system are the end – users and professional alike.
REASONS FOR CARING FOR COMPUTER USERS
1. Reduce fatigue
Using the computer for a long time causes fatigues, tiredness, and other forms of human unrest. This situation, if not checked, may have a hazardous effect on the health of the user.
2. Stimulate interest in computing
3. Promoting healthy habits
By practicing good posture and taking breaks to allow the body to rest.
4. Supervise the children’s use of the computer.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions.
2. Gives reasons for caring for caring for computer users;
Pupils’ Activities – List ways of caring for computer users.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (revision).
list two (2) ways of caring for computer users.