Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: CIVIC EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – NATIONAL HONOURS AWARDS
TOPIC – REASONS FOR GIVING NATIONAL HONOURS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to enumerate the reasons for giving members of the society National Honours.
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Newspaper cutting
- Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
NATIONAL HONOURS AWARD
National Honours Award is an award on members of the society for their contributions towards national development.
Nigerian National Honours are a set of orders and decorations conferred upon Nigerians and friends of Nigeria every year.
REASONS FOR GIVING NATIONAL HONOURS
- Hard work
- Meritorious service
- Outstanding feat
- Selfless service
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to define National Honours Award;
- Pupil’s Activities – Define National Honours Award.
- Guides pupils to discuss the reasons for National Honours Award.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the discussion.
- Writes the summary of the discussion on the white/chalkboard.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Valuing Nigerian Goods
Pupils to give three reasons why members of the society are given National Honours.