Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAMILY
PREVIOUS LESSON – EXTERNAL INFLUENCE ON NIGERIAN FAMILY LIFE
TOPIC: THE INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to discuss the influence of working parents on the Nigerian family.
Marriage and family
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Foreign articles and materials
- Pictures and photographs of parents working in their offices
- Pictures of churches, mosques and shrines.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Working parents is another external influence on the Nigerian family. Both parents are now working to take care of their children.
INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE
- Inadequate attention to the children.
- Lack of parental care and moral upbringing.
- Use of baby sitters.
- Putting children in day – care institutions.
- More income is generated for the family.
- Provide medical care for the family.
- Provide most essential things of life.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the influence of working parents on Nigerian family life;
- Asks pupils to narrate their experiences when their parents go to work;
- Pupil’s Activities – Narrate their experiences when their parents go to work.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to state two influences of working parents on the Nigerian family.