Last Updated on August 18, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TEACHING NEW WORDS/DICTATION
FIRST SECOND THIRD TERM
WEEK 1 2 3…..
PRIMARY 4 5 6
TOPIC: Teaching New words/Dictation
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor)and should be able to –
Pick out new words from the passage;
write the meaning of new word/word bank in the passage;
Make a sentence with these words;
Write down the dictated words.
The pupils are required to already have learned to use dictionary.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
course book and dictionary.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THE WORDS WITH THEIR MEANINGS
MAKE A SENTENCE WITH THE SELECTED WORDS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to pick out new words from the passage;
Pupil’s Activities – Scan the meaning of the new words.
3. Write them on the board and tells pupils their meanings;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the meanings of words and repeat after the teacher.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. state correctly and write the meaning of new words given;
2. listen and write the words dictated.
3. make sentences with the words.