BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PREVIOUS LESSON – Basic Computer Operations – Parts of Computer (Primary 1)
TOPIC – PARTS OF COMPUTER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification and Description of System Unit
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – identify and describe the system Unit.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Charts. Pictures. Flash cards. Mouse. Printer. Speakers. Plain paper. Colour pencil. Keyboard. Monitor. System unit.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
PARTS OF COMPUTER
LESSON 2 – DESCRIPTION OF SYSTEM UNIT
What is this?
This is a system unit.
It is also called CPU or Central Processing Unit.
The system Unit counts, calculates and stores what we type into the computer.
We can make use of what is stored in the system when it is needed.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the
teacher revises the . Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions; previous lesson
2. Displays a functional computer or chart showing computer systems.
3. Lets pupils identify each part of a computer.
4. Tell them the part unable name.
5. Emphasis on system unit as lesson introduction and explain.
6. Displays a sketch of system unit.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw and colour a system unit.
7. Summary the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Asks pupils to –
1. Identify system unit among other parts of computer.
2. Describe a system unit.