Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON – RIGHTS OF A CITIZEN (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: THE CONCEPT OF GOVERNMENT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to should be able to identify people in government.
The pupils are required to already have learned rights of a citizen
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts of president and state governors in Nigeria.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
3. All Relevant Material
4. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Government is a body of people who control public affairs of a nation – federal, state and local governments.
TYPES OF GOVERNMENT
1. Federal Government – president
2. State Government – governor
3. Local Government – chairman
ARMS OF GOVERNMENT
1. Legislature – makes laws.
2. Executive – implements laws
3. Judiciary – interprets the laws.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify the names of the president in Nigeria, governor in Lagos state and local governments of their community.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the names of the president in Nigeria, governor in Lagos state and local governments of their community.
3. Lists and discuss the arms of government.
Pupil’s Activities – discuss the arms of government and their functions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of government.
2. Who is the president of Nigeria?
3. Who is the governor of Lagos State?
4. Who is the local government chairman in community?
5. mention and state the function of the 3 arms of government.