Folktales or Short Stories on the Use of Chemicals Primary 3 (Basic 3) – English Studies
THEME – READING
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 3)
TOPIC – Folktales or Short Stories on the Use of Chemicals
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. read folktales/stories correctly.
2. identify values in the folktales/lessons learnt.
Most of the pupils can read and tell a story.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Collection of popular folktales/short stories
2. Course book
3. Flash cards of new words
4. Chalk/white board.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Choose a suitable folktales or stories as stated course book.
Folktales and short stories on how to
- use chemicals safely
- identifying and discussing values and lessons learnt.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to read the given folktales/ short stories.
Pupil’s Activities – Read given folktales/short stories.
3. Explains the meaning of folktales and their sources.
4. Guides pupils to discuss the folktales/ short stories – characters, lessons learnt, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the characters and lessons learnt etc. in pairs or in groups and make presentations.
5. Guides pupils to recall the folktales/short stories.
Pupil’s Activities – Recall folktales/short stories.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson –
Ask pupils to:
1. read folktales/short stories.
2. recall the folktales/short stories.