Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE PROBLEMS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: THE CONCEPT STATE GOVERNMENT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. state the composition and functions of the state government.
2. explain the importance of state government to the people.
The pupils are required to already have learned local government and problems of local government.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts showing the importance of state government.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
State Government is a body of people who control public affairs of the state government. The affairs of many local governments is under the state government.
A state government is much bigger than the local government.
The state government is headed by a governor and assisted by a commissioner, special advisers, etc.
IMPORTANCE OF STATE GOVERNMENT
The duties of a state government include –
1. Construction and maintenance of roads.
2. Provision of social amenities.
3. Provision of security.
4. Making policies, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to identify their state of origin.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify their state of origin.
4. Guides pupils to identify the state they lived.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the state they are lived.
5. Leads pupils to discuss the meaning, importance and composition of a state government.
Pupil’s Activities – discuss the meaning, importance and composition of a state government.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of state government.
2. mention 3 importance of state government.
3. state the composition of a state government.