Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 6
TOPIC: THE VALUE OF HARD WORK
1. Meaning of Hard Work
2. Advantages of Hard Work
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Explain the value of hard work (Manual and intellectual).
2. Mention the advantages of hard work.
The pupils are learning handwork and trading.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of photographs or illustrations of people at work.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PAUL’S LETTER TO THE THESSALONIANS URGING THEM TO WORK HARD (Manual and intellectual) – 11 Thessalonians 3:6-15.
Hard work is putting a lot of great deal of effort and care into work. Hard work brings about progress, success and prosperity. When we put our effort to work, it benefits our country and humanity. If we do not work hard, we become burden to our parents and society.
Do not cheat, steal become drug pushers, kidnappers or prostitutes to get money. If you do these things, you will lose self respect. No food for lazy many.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 says, ‘if anyone will not work, let him not eat’.
TYPES OF WORK
There are two types of work. These are:
1. Intellectual work – These are professional works like teachers, doctors, lawyers engineers, accountants, etc.
2. Manual work – These are non professional works like farmers, masons, carpenters, drivers, etc.
ADVANTAGES OF HARD WORK
1. Success in life
2. High self esteem
3. It makes our family proud, etc.
AIDING LABOUR WITH PRAYERS
Prayer is the key to success. It is a way of talking to God. We must always commit our daily activities at work to God to give us the ability to accomplish our work. Pray before you start working and when you finish, pray and thank God for giving you strength to work. When you pray at work, God will help to succeed and protect you from all harm and danger.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to mention the kinds of work their parents do to earn their living.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the kinds of work their parents do.
3. Discusses the needs for every one to embrace hard work, both at home and in school.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the value of hard work.
2. mention three advantages of hard work.