Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON – CLASSIFICATION OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: INTRODUCTION TO THEATRE AND DRAMA
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. highlights difference between theater and drama.
2. explain the role of an actor/actress in theatre and drama.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Chalk and chalkboard
- Video recorded drama
- Design etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Theatre is a place where actor and actress perform drama, song and dance to entertain people.
Drama involves impersonation and imitation of people and situations (i.e. role playing of people and situations) before an audience by actors/actresses.
An actor/actress is a person portraying a character in a drama/theater.
Actor – Male
Actress – Female
An audience is a group of people who participate in a show to watch a movie (drama, performance, etc.) or listen to music.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to define and different between theatre and drama.
Pupils Activities – Differentiate between theatre and drama.
3. Asks pupils to differentiate between an actor and actress.
Pupil’s Activities – Differentiate between an actor and actress.
4. Leads pupils to define who is an audience.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain who an audience is.
5. Asks pupils to differentiate between an actor/actress and the audience.
Pupil’s Activities – Differentiate between an actor/actress and the audience.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – dance.
- differentiate between a theatre and a drama.
- explain who is an actor, an actor and the audience.