Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – CONSEQUENCES OF ETHNICITY IN NIGERIA (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS OF ETHNICITY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention how to solve the problem of ethnicity.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
- Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS ETHNICITY
- Tolerate one another
- Be patriotic
- Deliberate government policies
- Organize public enlightenment campaigns
- Encourage inter – marriage
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Helps pupils through class and homework to find solutions to the problem of ethnicity.
- Pupil’s Activities – Suggest ways to solve the problem of ethnicity in Nigeria.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – constituted authority.
Pupils to suggest two ways of solving the problem in ethnicity in Nigeria.