CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES (CRS)
THEME – CHILDREN OF GOD
PREVIOUS LESSON – Things We Must Be Do As Children Of God (Meaning and Reasons We should Thank God) Primary 1 (Basic 1) Term 2 Week 1 Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
TOPIC – THINGS WE MUST BE DO AS CHILDREN OF GOD
2. The Story Of The 10 Lepers
3. The Significance Of The Story Of 10 Lepers
4. Songs Of Thanksgiving
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. narrate the story of 10 lepers.
2. state the significance of the story of 10 lepers.
3. sing songs of thanksgiving
The pupils can know how to say thank you when receiving
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.
MEANING OF LEPROSY AND LEPER
A leprosy is a curable infectious disease caused by bacteria.
Leper is someone who has leprosy.
THE STORY OF 10 LEPERS
Jesus Heals Ten Men With Leprosy
11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”
14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.
15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”
IMPORTANCE OF THE STORY OF 10 LEPERS
The significance of the story of 10 lepers are,
1. Have faith in God
2. Be thankful
3. Never forget what the Lord done for you.
LESSON 2 – SING SONGS OF THANKSGIVING
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps – he/she,
1. Revises the previous lesson based on the pupil’s related knowledge or experience.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in lesson review.
2. Leads the pupils to say the Lord’s Prayer correctly.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the Lord’s Prayer.
3. Displays chart showing the picture of a leper.
4. Lets the pupils examine and describe the content of the chart.
Pupil’s Activities – Examine and describe the content of the chart as a disease.
5. Uses their responses to introduce the lesson and explain the meaning of leprosy and leper.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the lesson introduction.
6. Leads the to identify the significance of the story.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state the significance of the story.
7. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in lesson summary and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. narrate the story of 10 lepers.
2. state 2 significance of the story of 10 lepers.
3. sing songs of thanksgiving.