Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
PREVIOUS LESSON – TYPES OF CHARACTERISATION IN PLAY ACTING (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: ORGANIZE A DRAMA GROUP OF CLASS MEMBERS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. play a role in an improvised class drama.
2. watch a video or live drama and be able to identify the two types of character.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- TV, video, VCD.
- Poster pertaining actors/actresses.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ORGANIZE A DRAMA GROUP OF CLASS MEMBERS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to play roles in an improvised drama.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in an improvised drama under the leadership of the teacher’s.
3. Leads the pupils to watch a video or live drama.
Pupil’s Activities – Watch a live or video drama.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision and Examination
1. watch a video line drama and identify the two characters in them.
2. take a role in an improvised class drama.