Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY AND SOCIAL INJUSTICE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Advantages and Disadvantages of Pressure Groups (Primary 5)
TOPIC: Hard Work and Laziness
1. Meaning of Hardwork and laziness
2. Reward for Hardwork and Laziness
3. How to Encourage Hardwork and Discourage Laziness
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to discuss how to discourage laziness and encourage hard work.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts listing the suggestions.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Civic Education Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF LAZINESS
Laziness is unwillingness to work or use energy; idleness.
REWARD FOR LAZINESS
1. No promotion
5. Become beggar
Hard work is willingness to work, putting a lot of effort and care into work.
REWARD FOR HARD WORK
2. Increase in salary
8. Award and recognition
LESSON TWO – WAYS OF DISCOURAGING LAZINESS
1. Discourage by less payment.
3. Denial of promotion, etc.
HOW TO ENCOURAGE HARD WORK
1. Providing jobs
4. Review of payments rewards
5. National honour, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses hard work in the home, school etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in class discussion.
3. Guides discussions on how to encourage hard work and discourage laziness.
Pupil’s Activities – Make suggestion and give reasons to support their views.
4. Encourages pupils to make suggestion and defend their views.
Summarizes the discussion.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy the board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – work protest against inadequate payment.
1. suggest two ways to discourage laziness and encourage hard work.
2. mention two rewards for hard work in the school, home and the nation.