Last Updated on September 26, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Basic Computer Operations – Parts of Computer (Primary 1)
TOPIC – PARTS OF COMPUTER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification and Description of System Unit
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify and describe the system Unit.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
Charts. Pictures. Flash cards. Mouse. Printer. Speakers. Plain paper. Colour pencil. Keyboard. Monitor. System unit.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFICATION OF PARTS OF A COMPUTER
Teacher’s/Pupil’s – Display a functional computer system or chart showing different parts of computer for the pupils to identify and name.
Notes their points on the board.
PARTS OF COMPUTER
2. System Unit
DESCRIPTION OF SYSTEM UNIT
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Separates the SYSTEM UNIT from other parts of computer for the pupils to identify and describe.
Leads them on the basis of description.
What is this?
This is a system unit.
It is also called CPU or Central Processing Unit.
The system Unit counts, calculates and stores what we type into the computer.
We can make use of what is stored in the system when it is needed.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify parts of a computer.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify part of computer.
3. Lets the pupils identify system unit.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify system unit.
4. Describes the system unit.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe the system unit.
5. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Draw a system unit.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. Identify system unit among other parts of computer.
2. Describe a system unit.