Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: THE GOODNESS OF GOD
PREVIOUS LESSON – THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC – OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND MAN
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Develop fear, love and respect for God.
- Develop love and care for fellow classmates and others.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Holy Bible.
- Pictures of family.
- CD player.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND MAN
Our relationship with God is that God all things and man – Genesis 1: 1-2
1.In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
2. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
We must –
- Fear and respect God.
- Love and respect our parents.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the need to reverence and honor God (avoid swearing, cursing and using foul language).
- Pupil’s Activities – Learn and sing songs of praise to God.
- Emphasize love, obedience and respect of parents and elders.
- Pupil’s Activities – Love and appreciate parents and others.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Our Relationship with God and Man
- Mention ways to show respect for God and parents.
- Sing songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.