Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: OUR VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – WHY MANY PEOPLE DO NOT OWN HOUSES
TOPIC – WHY MANY PEOPLE DO NOT OWN HOUSES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- List types of houses.
- Suggest ways of making more people own houses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of houses
- Resource persons in the town or villages.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF HOUSES
HOUSES IN THE VILLAGES AND TOWNS
Guides the pupils to identify the names of different houses in the village and town on the chart.
TYPES OF HOUSES
There are very many kinds of houses in Nigeria and other parts of the world. These include –
- Storey building
Lets the pupils identify the primitive houses on charts.
WAYS OF MAKING MORE PEOPLE TO OWN HOUSES
- Saving and investment
- Provision of affordable housing schemes for the masses.
- Government should create awareness of their available housing schemes.
- Taking part in government housing scheme.
- Government should regulate cost of housing materials.
- Government should encourage the use of cheaper local building materials.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Present chart of various houses for identification.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify different types of houses in the village and town.
- Guides the pupils to identify modern houses on the charts.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify modern houses on the charts.
- Lists and discuses ways of making more people to own houses.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss ways of making more people t to own houses.
- Questions and answers
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Values in House Construction
- Identify 2 types of houses.
- Give three reasons why people do not own houses.
- Suggest 2 ways of making more people own houses.
MATCH THE FOLLOWING HOUSES WITH THEIR CORRECT NAMES