Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ATTITUDE TO VICTIMS OF NATURAL DISASTER)
PREVIOUS LESSON – NATURAL AND UNNATURAL DISASTER
TOPIC – ATTITUDE TO VICTIMS OF NATIONAL DISASTER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify causes of some natural disasters.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of disaster caused by nature.
- List of disaster caused by human beings and animals.
- Community members may be consulted.
- Textbooks, newspapers and magazines video clips.
- First aid box, video clips of emergency aid.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Lets the pupils identify and discuss the major causes of the event on the chart.
MEANING OF NATURAL DISASTERS
Natural disasters are disasters that are caused by nature. For example, flood, earthquake, etc.
CAUSES OF NATURAL DISASTERS
- Overflowing of rivers (flood)
- Heavy rain
- Strong wind
- Blocked drainages
- Climatic changes
- Deforestation, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the meaning of disaster with examples.
- Pupil’s Activities – Provide more examples of disasters.
- Asks pupils to produce a list of ten natural disasters and their causes.
- Pupil’s Activities – Produce a list of ten natural disasters and their causes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Effects of Natural Disaster/Attitude to Victims of Natural Disaster
- State the meaning of disasters.
- Identify 5 causes of natural disasters.