Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CLEANING AGENTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – PREPARATION OF HOME MADE POLISH AND CLEANING AGENTS
TOPIC – GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF CLEANING AGENTS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to Use the cleaning agents properly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Kerosene/turpentine, candle wax, bar soap and palm oil.
- Pawpaw, pineapple leaves, fine sand, detergent, grater, sauce pan, grind egg shell, wood ash, lime, and salt.
- Wooden furniture, table, chairs, cupboards, shelves, cloth poles.
- Galvanised iron, saucepan, pots, buckets, cutlery, water.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Home made polish are polish make with local materials and used for cleaning furniture at home. Home made cleaning agents are materials used for cleaning the household articles and equipments.
GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF CLEANING AGENTS AND POLISH
- Choose the correct cleaning agent for the surface to clean.
- Read labels or instructions commercial cleaning agents before use.
- Follow the direction carefully.
- Avoid wastage
- Store cleaning agents properly.
PROCEDURES FOR DISPLAY HOME MADE FURNITURE POLISH AND CLEANING AGENTS
- Collection of all samples.
- Sorting out the best.
- Repack in a clean container.
- Label with paper tape.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses guidelines for using home made cleaning agents.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Practical Uses of Home Made Polish
Pupils to attempt all the questions on the
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT)
State the guidelines for the use of cleaning agents and polish.
Mention 4 procedures for displaying home made polish and cleaning agents.