Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CLEANING AGENTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – USES HOME MADE POLISH AND CLEANING AGENTS
TOPIC – PREPARATION OF HOME MADE POLISH AND CLEANING AGENTS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Prepare home made polish and different types of cleaning agents.
- Use the cleaning agents properly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Kerosene/turpentine, candle wax, bar soap and palm oil.
- Pawpaw, pineapple leaves, fine sand, detergent, grater, sauce pan, grind egg shell, wood ash, lime, and salt.
- Wooden furniture, table, chairs, cupboards, shelves, cloth poles.
- Galvanised iron, saucepan, pots, buckets, cutlery, water.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Home made polish are polish make with local materials and used for cleaning furniture at home.
Home made cleaning agents are materials used for cleaning the household articles and equipments.
PREPARATION OF HOME MADE FURNITURE POLISH
Materials needed for making home made polish and cleaning agents are –
- Bar soaps
- Boiling water
- Gale the candle and soap
- Place the grate mixture in an earth ware pot (or enamel pot) and add boiling water.
- Stand the pot in boiling water and allow the content to melt.
- Beat the method mixture thoroughly into a cream using a wooden spoon.
- Add turpentine gradually and keep beating until the polish is perfectly blended.
- Store in a good container and well cover.
PREPARATION OF HOME MADE CLEANING AGENTS
Materials needed for making home made cleaning agents are –
- Egg shell
- Broken China ware
- Grind the egg shell and piece of China ware into fine powder.
- Sift the mixture to smooth powder.
- Mix the powder thoroughly with detergent powder.
- Store in a covered container.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Defines home made polish and cleaning agents.
- Pupil’s Activities – Define home made polish and cleaning agents.
- Prepares different samples of home made furniture polish and cleaning agents and displays in class.
- Pupil’s Activities – Examine samples of home made furniture polish and cleaning agents displayed.
- Explains steps in the production of home made polish and cleaning agent.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice the steps of making polish and cleaning agents following the steps.
- Demonstrates making of home made furniture polish and cleaning agents.
- Pupil’s Activities – Make home made polish and cleaning agents. Display the products made.
- Write short notes on how to make and use home made polish and cleaning agents.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy notes on how to make and use such products.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to attempt all the questions on the
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT)
State the materials used for making home made polish.
State the materials used for making home made cleaning agents.
9. List steps involved in the production of home made furniture polish.
10. List steps involved in the production of home made cleaning agents.