THEME – CLEANING AGENTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – GUIDELINES FOR THE USES OF CLEANING AGENTS
TOPIC – PRACTICAL WORK ON THE USES OF HOME MADE OFFICE AND CLEANING AGENTS
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – use the home made polish and cleaning agents properly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of home made polish and cleaning agents.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Home made polish are polish make with local materials and used for cleaning furniture at home.
Home made cleaning agents are materials used for cleaning the household articles and equipments.
PRACTICAL WORK ON USES OF HOME MADE POLISH AND CLEANING AGENTS
FURNITURE IN THE CLASS
Materials needed for cleaning furniture in the class are –
2. Home made furniture polish
3. Clean Duster
CARE OF BUCKETS
Materials needed for cleaning buckets are –
1. Home made cleaning agents
4. Scrubbing brush or hard sponges
1. Mixed the home made cleaning agent with water
2. Deep the scrubbing brush or hard sponge inside the water.
3. Remove the brush or sponge
4. Start washing
5. After washing, raise with clean water.
6. Dry the bucket inside.
7. Store properly
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Practical demonstration on how to make and use home made polish and cleaning agents.
Pupil’s Activities – Use home made polish and cleaning agents properly.
3. Supervises pupil’s activities.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Cleaning Various Surface in the Home
Ask pupils to polish some furniture in their classroom.