WEEK 4/6 – My Best Friend
WEEK 7/8 – My School
WEEK 9 – My Parent
WEEK 10 – A Dog
THEME – WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Third Term English Studies Plan Lesson Notes and Scheme of Work for Primary 3 (Basic 3)
TOPIC – COMPOSITION
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. narrate a story.
2. write a composition on a given topic.
3. describe the essential characteristics of their family or school and
4. describe the members of the family, noting their special characters.
Most of the pupils can read.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Picture charts of exciting events
2. Model narrative and descriptive passages
3. Course book
4. Composition prepared by the teacher
5. Supplementary reader.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
1. My Best Friend
2. My School
3. My Parent/Family
4. A Dog
1. Describe piece of writing, bringing out important events or highlight.
2. Communicate these thoughts in a continuous prose.
3. Get, through the help of the pupils the different exciting events in their lives.
4. Describing the members of the family (including pets).
5. Describing a typical day in the life of the family.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Prepares model compositions on narrative and descriptive and use these to guide pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Write compositions (narrative and descriptive) given by the teacher.
3. Discusses the content of the composition with pupils; each mentioning their own memorable days.
4. Lets them say why it is memorable.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Talk about their experiences with regard to the events.
- Write two or three paragraphs on their memorable day.
5. Lets them write it as a creative piece of writing to be displayed on the notice board.
Pupil’s Activities – Read over the work on the board.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. Pupils to narrate their own story.
2. Write their own composition on a topic of their interest.
3. Describe their family, school environment, etc. and
4. Describe members of their family noting their special characters.