Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
WRITING FIRST TERM
THEME – WRITING
TOPIC – REPORTING TYPE OF ESSAY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- make verbal report on incidents.
- express themselves orally about the incident.
- demonstrate good speech habits of clear pronunciation, correct stress and intonations.
- give account of event in a logical order and vividly.
- mention the causes of an automobile fire and
- discuss how the automobile fire was extinguished.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Relevant pictures of incidents which can be used to stimulate the learners.
- sample forms for making report/statements in the police station.
- Other relevant materials.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Reporting Incidents under the following –
- Making verbal reports and statements.
- Reporting class incidents to teacher, classmate or friend.
- Giving a report of group activities.
- Giving correct tenses in report.
- Reporting an incident without any exaggeration
- Eye witness account of exactly what happened.
- Give information that will help the authority to note
- The date and time
- Place of incident
- The cause of the incident etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses with pupils various situations in which they are likely to be called upon to give report in assisting the police or the people in authorities in the investigations;
- Pupil’s Activities – discuss various points as a class and prepare in groups to give report on any incident.
- Discusses the important points in making statement or reporting an incident;
- Give account of an incident of bank robbery he/she has witnessed with good explanations.
- Pupil’s Activities – Each pupil gives account of his/her experiences. Write their reports and read to the class.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to make simple oral reports of a particular incident.