Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – ADDITION OF WHOLE NUMBERS
- Lesson One – Addition of Whole Numbers without Reminder
- Lesson Two -Addition of Whole Numbers with Reminder
- Lesson Three – Word Problems on Addition of Whole Numbers
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to –
- add numbers involving three or more items.
- solve mixed operation problems involving addition.
Addition is still the same process of adding two or more numbers together to find their total. No matter what your age, but addition is and will always be a part of your life. For example, shopping, going shopping means that you are going to spend some money. Whether you are the customer or the shop owner, you need to use addition to get to the right amount that needs to be paid. All of us need to buy something at some point.
The concept of addition of whole numbers will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of addition as part of life.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Flash cards.
- Fraction chart.
Everybody add two or things together, the pupils are not exempt. Among their pair, they add while playing. At home, they add the amount of item they were ask to buy before going to the market, etc.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION AND TEST