Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC – AIR AS PART OF OUR SURROUNDING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- demonstrate that air exists.
- state the importance of air.
- create air current by blowing with the mouth or using paper fan.
We breathe in and out air.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Paper fan
- Hand fan
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
AIR AS PART OF OUR SURROUNDING
DEMONSTRATES THE EXISTENCE OF AIR USING HAND, MOUTH OR STANDING FAN
IMPORTANCE OF AIR
- in breathing
- cooling the body,
- moving things.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Demonstrates the existence of air using paper or hand fan.
- Pupil’s Activities – Create air currents by blowing with the mouth or using hand paper fan.
- Pupil’s Activities – Create air current by blowing with the mouth or using hand or paper fan.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- show that air exists.
- mention the importance of air.