Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – AIR AS PART OF OUR SURROUNDING I
TOPIC – AIR OCCUPIES SPACES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to demonstrate that air occupies space using balloons.
We breathe in and out air.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- A bow of water
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
AIR AS PART OF OUR SURROUNDING
SHOWING THE AIR OCCUPIES SPACES
The video link will help you to demonstrate air occupies spaces.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Demonstrates that air occupies space by inflating balloons.
- Pupil’s Activities – Inflate balloons polythene bags, etc.
- Put pupils into groups to perform the experiment.
- Pupil’s Activities – Pour water on sandy soil in a cup or can.
- Guides the pupils to report findings.
- Pupil’s Activities – Report their findings immediately.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- name two things that contain air.
- demonstrate that air occupies space.