Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – AIR AS PART OF OUR SURROUNDING II
TOPIC – MEANING OF WATER AND SOURCE OF WATER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the folowing objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- say the meaning of water.
- state the common source of water.
Drinking, cooking, water, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of sources of water
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF WATER
Water is the liquid that descends from the clouds as rain, forms streams, lakes, and seas.
SOURCE OF COMMON WATER
- Tap water
- Well water
- Rain water
- Stream water
- Lake water
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Takes pupils on a tour of nearby water sources, e.g. tap, well, etc.
- Pupil’s Activities – State other source of water.
- Assists pupils to collect water samples from common sources.
- Pupil’s Activities – Collect water sample from some common water sources around or in their locality.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Uses and Importance of water.
- what is water?
- name five common sources of water.