Last Updated on March 3, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIMARY 1/PRIMARY 2
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – DEMONSTRATION BASIC SKILLS OF SWIMMING
TOPIC – BENEFITS OF SWIMMING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to list some benefit of swimming.
Fun of swimming
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Swimming pool
- Swimming trunk
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – DISCUSS WITH THE PUPILS, THE BENEFITS OF SWIMMING
- It improves the condition of the heart and lung.
- It develops strength and endurance.
- It enhance body’s flexibility.
- It enhance body’s balance.
- It increases self confidence and life skills.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Lists benefits of swimming.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention benefits of swimming.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to list some benefits of swimming.