BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Sense of Taste – The Tongue (Primary 2)
TOPIC – COLOUR
1. Identification of Colour
2. Uses of Colour
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify at least four colours.
2. colour objects with various colours.
3. uses of colours.
Types of Colour
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT SHAPES WITH COLOURS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks the pupils to identify the following shapes with their colours.
Pupil’s response –
1. Green circle
2. Blue triangle
3. Red triangle
4. Yellow triangle
IDENTIFICATION OF LOGO WITH COLOURS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks to identify the logo with its colours.
Pupil’s response – Nigerian flag – Green White Green
IDENTIFY COLOUR OF THEIR SCHOOL UNIFORM AND BUILDING
LESSON EVALUATION/ASSIGNMENT – DRAW AND COLOUR NIGERIAN FLAG
LESSON TWO – USES OF COLOUR
Teacher’s/Pupil’s discussion on the uses of colour.
1. Painting (ask pupils, we used colour for painting…. Give them a hint – house and continue with other uses)
5. Beautification and Decoration
8. Writing and drawing
9. Traffic control
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify objects through colours – living and non living things.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify objects through colours – living and non living things.
3. Guides pupils to draw and colour some objects.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw some objects and colour them e.g. ball, cup,box etc.
4. Teacher’s/Pupil’s discussion on uses of colour.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name three types of colour.
2. colour two types of object.
3. state two uses of colour.