Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – QUALITY OF WATER
TOPIC – OBJECTS THAT FLOAT ON WATER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify things that float in water.
- demonstrate how to make things that float in water.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Dry wood
- Meter ruler
- Picture of people swimming of using life jacket.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY OBJECTS THAT FLOAT ON WATER
Put some objects that can (cannot) float on water for the pupils to identify.
ACTIVITIES 2 – DEMONSTRATE WAYS OF MAKING SOME OBJECTS FLOAT ON WATER
For example, how make a stone float on water using floating objects.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to identify objects that float in water.
- Pupil’s Activities – Names the things that float in water.
- Demonstrates some ways of making objects that floats in water e.g. stone placed on inflated balloon.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe the demonstration. Make things to float in water.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- name three things that can float in water.
- make things that float in water.