Last Updated on January 9, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Colour – Identification of Shapes with Colour (Primary 1)
TOPIC – USES OF COLOURS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the uses of colours.
Nigerian flag colour – Green White Green
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Teacher’s/Pupil’s discussion on the uses of colour.
Colour is a appearance of things in a unique reflection. For example, Nigerian flag is Green White Green.
1. Painting (ask pupils, we used colour for painting…. Give them a hint – house and continue with other uses)
5. Beautification and Decoration
8. Writing and drawing
9. Traffic control
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to discuss the uses of colours.
Pupil’s Activities – Say uses of colours.
3. Guides pupils to identify objects though colours – living and non living things.
Pupil’s Activities – Colour different objects drawn.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name two uses of colour.
2. use Lego to construct colourful objects.