Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE USES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
TOPIC – THE USES OF COMPUTER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention some of the uses of the computer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Computer systems
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY THE COMPUTER
ACTIVITIES 2 – IDENTIFY PART OF COMPUTER
- System Unit
ACTIVITIES 3 – USE COMPUTER
Guide the pupils use different parts of computer to type, play music/video, play games, etc
ACTIVITIES 4 – STATE THE USES OF COMPUTER
- It is used for typing.
- It is used for playing music and video.
- It is used for playing games.
- It is used for drawing.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to identify the uses of a computer.
- Pupil’s Activities – Say what the computer is use for.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention at least two uses of the computer.