Last Updated on October 10, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – FEATURES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
TOPIC – THE USES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Computer Mouse Features
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention some of the uses of the mouse.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – As stated in previous lesson – Features of Computer Mouse (Primary 2), guides the pupils identify and practically demonstrate the uses of features of computer keyboard to able to state the uses of features of computer mouse.
USES OF EACH FEATURES COMPUTER MOUSE
1. LEFT CLICK BUTTON
1. It is used for highlighting texts or files.
2. It is used for selecting file(s).
3. It is used for opening a file.
4. It is used for dragging and dropping a text or file.
2. RIGHT CLICK BUTTON
It is for open the menu on highlighted text or file.
3. SCROLL BUTTON
It is used for scrolling up and down.
USES OF COMPUTER KEYBOARD
1. Move the mouse cursor.
4. Open or execute a program.
5. Drag and drop
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify the uses of a mouse.
Pupil’s Activities – Say what the mouse is use for.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision and First Term Examination
Pupils to –
mention at least two uses of the computer mouse.