Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – WAYS OF KEEPING OUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN
TOPIC – THE TOOLS USED FOR CLEANING THE ENVIRONMENT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- mention the tools used for leaning the environment.
- state the uses of each tools.
Tools like cutlass, hoe, rake, broom, waste bin, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures showing different types of tools used in cleaning our environment.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1- MENTION TOOLS NEEDED FOR CLEANING THE ENVIRONMENT
The tools used for cleaning the environment –
- hard brush
- Dust pan, etc.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE THE USES OF EACH TOOLS FOR CLEANING THE ENVIRONMENT
As the pupils to mention the uses of each tool used for cleaning the environment, write them on the board.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – DRAW ANY TWO TOOLS USED FOR CLEANING OUR ENVIRONMENT
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Asks questions to lead pupils to name the tools and their duties.
- Pupil’s Activities – Respond to teachers questions on the ways to make use of our tools.
- Gets the pupils practically to observe the tools.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention three tools used to keep the environment clean.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention some of the tools needed carrying out different cleaning activities.