Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 5
TOPIC – GOD USES PEOPLE TO SAVE OTHER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain how God delivers those who trust in Him from danger.
2. give examples to illustrate God’s deliverances.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Photographs of a burning house with some people in it without being hurt.
2. Pictures of motorcycle and car accidents.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
GOD USES PEOPLE TO SAVE OTHERS
In the Bible, God used the following people to saved other –
1. David – I Samuel 17:32-51
2. Joshua 3
3. Samson – Judges 13
4. Deborah – Judges 4
God can use our parents, police, road safety marshals, fire fighters, the military, etc. to deliver us from danger.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses how God used people to save other.
Pupil’s Activities – List people that God used to saved other in the Bible.
3. State other people God uses to save other and how.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss how God uses people to save other.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention three ways God delivers us from danger.
2. name three people God delivered from danger.