Last Updated on September 6, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – DRAMA
PREVIOUS LESSON – CASTING AND REHEARSAL II (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC – STAGING A PLAY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning ‘staging a play’.
2. mention categories of personnel involved in staging a play.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Sound system
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF STAGING A PLAY
Staging a play is the process of making a play. It is also known as play production. These process include – selecting, designing, adapting to, or modifying the performance space for a play or film.
PERSONNEL INVOLVED IN STAGING A PLAY
Staging a play is made up of
1. The producer
2. The director director
3. The choreographer
The director among other personnel played a very important role in staging a play. This is because he is the key person in staging a play.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Writes the meaning of ‘staging a play’ on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and copies the meaning of ‘staging a play ‘ in the notebook.
3. Explains the personnel involved in staging a play.
4. Writes the categories of personnel involved in staging a play on the board.
Listen and write the explanation down in the notebook.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state the meaning of staging a play.
2. name the categories of personnel involved in staging a play.