Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – INTERNATIONAL CONFLICTS AND ORGANIZATIONS (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC: INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor)and should be able to:
1. give simple meaning of international organization;
2. mention examples of international organizations.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Relevant posters and pictures.
2. Videos on conflict resolution and meetings and efforts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
International organization is the organization of people from different countries.
It is also an association or organization among nations to make the world a better, happier and safer place to live.
EXAMPLES OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS IN WHICH NIGERIA IS A MEMBER
Some of these organizations are:
1. Organization of African Unity (OAU)
2. Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
3. Commonwealth of Nations
4. United Nations Organization (UNO)
The following are the international organizations set up by UNO –
5. World Health Organization (WHO)
6. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organizations (UNESCO)
7. International Labour Organization (ILO)
EFFORTS OF INTERNATIONAL BODIES AT SOLVING STDS, HIV AND AIDS
1. Management of patients.
2. Providing shelter and clothing for patient.
3. Provide medication.