Last Updated on October 3, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS AND CONCEPTS
TOPIC – COMPUTER ETHICS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Concepts of Ethics, Rules and Regulations
3. Computer Room Management Ethics
4. Rules and Regulations of Computer Room
By the end of the lesson, the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list ways of taking good care of a computer room/laboratory.
2. state the rules and regulations of computer laboratory.
3. observe computer room rules and regulations.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures/charts of ideal computer room/laboratory.
2. School computer laboratory.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Wace Online
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CONCEPT OF ETHICS, RULES AND REGULATIONS
Ethics can be defined as an accepted beliefs that control behavior.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Rules can be defined as the guidelines or instructions of doing something correctly.
Regulations can be defined as the directives enforced by law, in a particular country or organisation.
MEANING OF COMPUTER ETHICS
Computer ethics are set of principles and values that regulate the use of computers in order to ensure the safety of the computer users, computer devices, computer software and computer environments.
COMPUTER ROOM MANAGEMENT ETHICS
1. Maintaining dust free environment
2. Appropriate ventilation and air conditioning
3. Appropriate lighting system
4. Setting computer
5. Avoid eating and drinking in computer rooms.
6. Avoid unauthorised access.
LABORATORY RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Arrange chairs and tables in a comfortable manner.
2. Arrange the computers and their peripherals in an orderly manner.
3. Faculty systems should be reported to the teacher.
4. Computers and electrical appliances should be switched off before leaving.
5. No eating and drinking in the computer room.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, teacher –
2. Leads students on excursion to a suitable computer laboratory.
Student’s Activities – Participate in the excursion.
3. Guides students to identify ways of taking care of a computer room/laboratory.
Student’s Activities – Mention ways of taking care of a computer room or laboratory.
4. Ensures that the students observe the rules and regulations while working in the computer laboratory.
Student’s Activities – Obey computer room rules and regulations.
5. Summary the lesson on the board.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Next Lesson –
1. list three ways of taking good care of computers.
2. state computer laboratory rules and regulations.
3. obey rules and regulations in a computer laboratory.