Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – THE PRESENCE OF THE RISEN CHRIST IN THE CHURCH
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus Is With Us II – Benefits of Jesus Presence with Us Today (Primary 4)
TOPIC – CHRIST AT WORK IN OUR HOMES
1. Evidence of Christ’s Presence in the Home
2. Importance of Christ’s Presence in Christian Home
3. Right Attitude Necessary for Christ’s Visit
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. Give evidence of Christ’s presence in their lives and homes.
2. State the importance of Christ presence in Christian homes.
3. Show the right attitude necessary for Christ’s visit.
4. Recall the words of Zacchacus when Jesus visited him.
5. Recite Revelation 3 : 20
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. The Bible
2. Picture of Zacchaeus on the tree
3. Picture of of a sick woman
4. Costume for drama
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
TIME – TABLE
Monday (12:40 AM – 01:20 PM)
Friday (10:20 AM – 11:00 AM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Reading Bible – Revelation 3 : 20
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
EVIDENCE OF CHRIST’S PRESENCE IN THE HOME HE VISITED
A. The Home of Zacchacus – Luke 19 : 5 – 10
5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”
8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
B. Jesus enters Peter’s Home and heals his Mother in Law – Mark 1 : 19 – 32
Summarize Mark 1 : 19 – 32
C. Importance of Christ’s Presence in the Home
1. Peace at home – Zacchaeus
2. Salvation in the home – Zacchaeus
3. Resolution – Zacchaeus
4. Healing at all time – Peter’s mother in law
5. Joyful home – Zacchaeus and Peter’s mother in law
6. Fill with Holy Spirit – Cornelius
7. Divine rest
D. Preparation for Christ’s Visit
2. Study the Bible
3. Fellowship with love for one another
4. Accept Christ’s grace
5. Family alter
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Gives examples of homes Christ visited as written in the Bible passages.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify Christ visited as written in the Bible passages.
3. States the importance of Christ presence in their homes all the time.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the importance of Christ presence in their homes all the time.
4. States the purpose and usefulness of daily prayer.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss and state the purpose and usefulness of daily prayer.
5. Discusses the kind of preparation every home has to make for Christ’s visit.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe the kind of preparation every home has to make for Christ’s visit.
6. Dramatizes the healing of Peter’s mother in law.
Pupil’s Activities – Dramatize the healing of Peter’s mother in law.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name the homes Christ visited in the Bible.
2. say the importance of Christ presence in Christian homes.
3. mention evidence to show that Christ is at work in Christian homes.
4. describe the kind of preparation we have to make for Christ to be at work in our homes.