Last Updated on September 9, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of First Aid and First Aider (Primary 1)
TOPIC – OBJECTIVES OF FIRST AID
Objectives of First Aid
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of first aid.
2. state the objectives of first aid.
Iodine, scissors, spirit, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
First Aid Box.
Chart or pictures
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Discuss with the pupils reasons for first aid.
First aid is the immediate care and support give to someone who is injured or sicked.
OBJECTIVES OF FIRST AID
The objectives of first aid are –
1. To preserve life.
2. To promote recovery.
3. To relieve pain.
4. To protect the unconscious.
6. To prevent infection.
7. To prevent further infections.
8. To stop bleeding.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. States the meaning of first aid.
Pupil’s Activities – State the meaning of first aid.
3. Guides pupils to list and explain some objectives of first aid.
Pupil’s Activities – List objectives of first aid.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state what first aid is.
2. state at least three objectives of first aid.