CREATIVE AND CULTURAL ARTS
THEME – VALUES AND MAINTENANCE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Recycling Functional Art Work II – Producing Recycling Art Work (Primary 6)
TOPIC: USES OF RECYCLED MATERIALS
Uses of Recycling Materials
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the uses of recycling materials.
The pupils are required to already have learned recycling for functional art works.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
plates and cups
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Fundamentals of Cultural and Creative Arts for Basic School 6
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Recycled materials can be turned to functional artworks. For example, any materials such wood pallet, plastic, cups or bottles, etc. and little creativity, you can and create a beautiful functional artwork.
USES OF RECYCLED MATERIALS
These works serve various useful purposes:
1. They are used for decoration. They can be kept or hung on walls.
2. They can be used for eating. For example, plastic plates are used for eating. Some of the plastic products are trays, cups, jugs, etc.
3. They can be used for drinking e.g. Plastic cups are for drinking.
4. Flower vase is for putting flowers to beautify our environment.
5. They are also used as gift items.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 7 ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the uses of recycled products.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen teacher’s explanations. Discuss with the teacher. Contribute to discussion.
3. Produces objects using recycled products.
Pupil’s Activities – Produce recycled from products.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (relationship between values and maintenance).
list two uses of recycled products.