Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Health and Hygiene II – Process of Purifying Water (Primary 2)
TOPIC – HEALTH AND HYGIENE – PURIFICATION
Practical Demonstration of Purifying Water
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. practical demonstration of purifying water.
2. explain how to purify water at home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts, Film clips, Water filter.
Polluted water, Fire wood, Tripod stand, Sieving set, Pots.
Clean towel, Stove.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION OF PURIFYING WATER
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrates how to purity water.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils through methods of purifying water.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate how to purifying water.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to demonstrate how to purify water.