Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Water in Industries (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SOURCE AND USES OF WATER
Why we must not waste water?
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify and state why we must not waste water.
Uses and source of water
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures depicting sources of water supply.
2. Pictures showing domestic uses of water.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Water is the necessities of life. Animals, plants and human being cannot do without water. Water served many purposes in man’s life, so therefore, it must save and not to be waste. This is because, there is time when water are in abundant (rainy season) and there is time when water are in short supply (dry season).
WHY WE MUST NOT WASTE WATER?
We must not waste water for the following reasons –
1. We need water for drinking.
2. We need water for cooking
3. We need water planting crops.
4. We need water rearing animals.
5. We need water for cleaning ourselves.
6. We need water for washing our clothes.
7. Water is very expensive in this community, (not in all cases).
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses pictures and questions to guide pupils in enumerating the sources of water in homes.
Pupil’s Activities – Interpret the pictures and enumerate the sources and uses of water supply in homes.
3. Leads pupils to discuss why must not waste water.
Pupil’s Activities – State the reasons why we must not waste water.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
identify and state 5 reasons why we must not waste water.