NATIONAL VALUES EDUCATION
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Precautions in the Car/Buses | Dangers Attached to a Child Sitting in the Front Primary 1 (Basic 1) Term 2 Week 8 Security Education
TOPIC – GENERAL SECURITY TIPS
2. Meaning of Security Tips
3. Importance of Security Tips
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of security tips.
2. mention the importance of security tips.
3. discuss some of the importance of security tips.
The pupils can explain the concept of security.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of showing some of the security tips.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
INTRODUCTION TO SECURITY TIPS
Security tips are important aspects of lives that help to protect ourselves, loved ones and valuable items.
GENERAL SECURITY TIPS
1. Think fast and act smart.
2. Be vigilant.
3. Always carry your identification card.
4. Report any strange and suspicious movement.
5. Avoid cabs with tinted windows.
6. Avoid the use of ATM machines at night.
7. Avoid night travelling.
8. Avoid sharing personal information with strangers or on social media.
9. Equip yourself with security gadgets.
10. Be careful while giving strangers a lift.
11. Always keep your loved ones informed about your movement.
12. Know your neighbours.
13. Become familiar with the environment in which you work, etc.
LESSON 2 – IMPORTANCE OF SECURITY TIPS
1. It ensures peace of mind.
2. It prevents and stops unwanted visitors and attacks on lives and properties.
3. It eliminates fear and boost confidence.
4. In case of emergency or possible attack, it sends a signal.
5. It keeps and helps to protect our personal information.
REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps – he/she,
1. Teacher revises the previous lesson based on the pupil’s related knowledge or experience.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in lesson review.
2. Teacher organizes the pupils into groups depending on the size of the class.
3. Teacher displays chart showing security tips.
4. Teacher reads each of the points on the chart and asks pupils why – question? For example – why must we be vigilant?
5. Teacher uses the chart and the pupils relevant responses to introduce the lesson and leads a discussion on general security tips.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils pay attention to the lesson introduction and participate actively in the class discussion.
6. Teacher discussion the importance of security tips with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils state and analyze the importance of security tips.
7. Teacher summarizes the lesson on the board with appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils participate actively in the summary of the lesson by responding correctly to most of the questions and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Revision and Second Term Examination
Teacher ask pupils to:
1. explain security tips.
2. mention 3 importance of security tips.
3. discuss 3 of the importance of security tips.