Last Updated on September 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Water in Our Home (Primary 1)
TOPIC – Source and Uses of Water
Uses of Water in the Industries
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
enumerate the uses of water in industries.
Source and Uses of Water
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures depicting sources of water supply.
2. Pictures showing industrial uses of water.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Water is the necessities of life. Animals, plants and human being cannot do without water.
USES OF WATER IN INDUSTRIES
Industrial uses of water are as follows –
6. Mixing chemicals
7. Producing chemicals products, food and drinks, paper, etc.
8. Transporting a product
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists and explains the uses of water in industries.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
enumerate 3 uses of water in Industries.