Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Source of Water (Primary 1)
TOPIC – Source and Uses of Water
1. Source of Water
2. Uses of Water in Our Home
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention sources of water supply in the locality.
2. enumerate the uses of water in homes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures depicting sources of water supply.
2. Pictures showing domestic uses of water.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Water is the necessities of life. Animals, plants and human being cannot do without water. The common source of water is our community are tap water, well water, rain water, borehole water, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – What are the uses of water in our home?
Teacher’s Activities – Listens to the pupils and writes their points on the board.
USES OF WATER
People have many uses for water besides drinking.
6. Watering the garden, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to state the sources of water supply.
Pupil’s Activities – State the sources of water supply in their locality.
3. Uses pictures and questions to guide pupils in enumerating the sources of water in homes.
Pupil’s Activities – Interpret the pictures and enumerate the uses of water supply in homes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 4 sources of water supply in the locality.
2. enumerate 3 uses of water in homes.